which radio is right for you - GMRS or business band?

In the world of offroad communications, there are two big players in the frequency band game: GMRS and Business Band. We offer complete UTV communication kits with either a GMRS or Business Band radio that include everything you need to start talking. Our vehicle-specific dash mount for the radio & intercom sets our kits apart, offering a clean, finished looked to your comms install.

But which frequency band is right for you and your friends: GMRS or Business Band?

GMRS License is required and easy to get: Click here.
FCC License is required to operate business band. Click here to learn more.
Still not sure what radio to use? Give our expert sales team a call! We are here to help: (888) 541-7223

How to decide between a GMRS OR Business Band MOBILE radio

Before purchasing a radio, ensure you know what type of radio your friends, club, riding group, etc., are currently using. If you want to talk to them you need to be on the same band of radio. If your group is just getting started, and you aren’t racing, we highly recommend using GMRS!


GMRS is easy to use and walkie-talkie compatible! The frequency operates well in heavily wooded areas, or any environment with obstructions including canyons, mountains, and forests.

Examples of Use:

  • UTV Recreation
  • Overland
  • Jeep
  • Hiking


Business Band (VHF/UHF) is used by professional race teams for communication in offroad and desert racing! Great for professional racing, industrial, manufacturing, agriculture and farming operations.

Examples of Use:

  • UTV offroad racing
  • Professional race teams
  • Commercial & industrial
  • Agriculture

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published

Your cart